Saturday night’s game can be broken into two distinct categories:
- The ’98 team was honored before the contest (Gaslamp Ball has sweet photos).
- Chase Headley drew his first walk of the year.
- Greg Maddux stole a base.
- The post-game fireworks show rocked.
Not so much:
- A Braves fan sitting near us kept asking Tim Hudson for his warmup jacket throughout the game.
- Joe Thatcher gave up a mammoth homer to a Ferengi (I’m pretty sure that violates at least one rule of acquisition).
- The fireworks show included “Hero” as sung by Bob Dylan’s kid; seriously, if you can’t scrounge up David Bowie’s version, just don’t bother.
On the bright side, things could be worse… Well, not really, but if we can’t lie to ourselves, then who can we lie to?