I went on vacation and wrote an article about the Padres defense. Yeah, I know how to party.
Among the many interesting things I discovered in conducting my research are these:
- Padres outfielders can’t keep baserunners from advancing.
- Padres infielders are excellent at defending against the bunt.
- The Padres turned more double plays in 2010 than in 2009 despite getting fewer opportunities to do so.
- Chase Headley is a stud at third base, or at least he was last year.
- The Padres may end up missing David Eckstein and Jerry Hairston Jr. more than you might think.
The actual article provides, you know, details and stuff. Go read it…