Today’s links are a little sad but will get over it…
- Ted Williams Chapter SABR Day Recap (Padres Trail). Mike goes into greater detail than I did. Fun stuff.
- Going gray (Woe, Doctor!). Here’s another vote against the new Padres uniforms.
- Prospect talk (Inside the Padres). Tom Krasovic talked to Padres prospects about media relations. I like that the team is having an actual respected member of the media talk to their kids. That’s pretty forward thinking.
- Concern About the Rotation (Friar Forecast). More depth would be nice. Maybe that’s why the Padres claimed right-hander Samuel Deduno off waivers from Colorado. Deduno turns 28 in July and has averaged 10 K/9 in 633 minor-league innings. Is he any good? Hey, someone has to replace Radhames Liz.
- Previewing the 2011 Missions: Batting (Friar Forecast). Their home park notwithstanding, this team should score some runs. Drew Cumberland, Jaff Decker, and Anthony Rizzo are the big-name prospects, but Vince Belnome, Blake Tekotte, and Cody Decker can hit, too.
- Customizable Heat Maps! (FanGraphs). This looks cool… or warm.
- Glaus not retired, but out for start of ’11 (FOX Sports). The pride of Carlsbad is taking a break. [h/t BBTF]
- Position Players by WAR: Expansion Era (FanGraphs). Joshua Maciel’s latest includes Ducksnorts fave Gene Tenace.
- Dodgers Divorce Trial May Be Delayed a Year, Jamie McCourt’s Lawyer Says (Bloomberg). Geez, it’s like waiting for Boston’s third album. What a mess. [h/t BBTF]
- This is the title of a typical incendiary blog post (Coyote Crossing). This has nothing to do with baseball but it’s too full of awesome… the comments will have you in stiches… you know, if you go for that sort of thing.