Hi there. Welcome home.
After a great year at All-Baseball.com, Ducksnorts returns to its indy roots. There are plenty of reasons for the move, but most of them don’t make for good reading, so I’ll spare you the details and give you the condensed version: I like doing my own thing.
Thanks again to Christian Ruzich for inviting me to All-Baseball.com, and to Evan Brunell and all the fine folks at Most Valuable Network for putting me up for the past 12 months. We had a nice little run there, which is all anyone can ask.
Back to the present, and before we return to the more comfortable realm of baseball, there are a few things I’d like to point out:
- My new email address is geoff@
NOSPAM!ducksnorts.com. Feel free to contact me at any time. I cannot guarantee an immediate response, but be assured that I do read everything that comes my way.
- Speaking of communication, I’m dusting off the old Yahoo! Groups email newsletter. It’s been dormant for about 3 years, but I’ll be using it now to send out weekly recaps and previews. There are other things we can do at the Yahoo! Groups web site, e.g., use the calendar feature to keep track of send reminders for meetups and the like. If you’re not already on the mailing list, I’d encourage you to sign up so you can stay abreast of everything that’s going on at Ducksnorts.
- If an email newsletter seems like overkill, that’s cool. You still might want to consider subscribing to our RSS feed, perhaps via a popular service such as Bloglines, so you’ll be notified whenever Ducksnorts is updated.
- We’ve got a comments policy. No cause for alarm here — if you’ve been participating in the discussion at Ducksnorts, you’ve been following it. The only difference now is that the policy is in writing.
- Ducksnorts is a work-in-progress. If you have any suggestions on how to improve it, check the enhancements list. If your idea isn’t already there, please drop me a line.
Okay, that was long and kind of boring. All of the things I highlighted above are featured prominently throughout the web site, so if you skipped over some of them this time, no worries.
One final reminder, and then we’re done: I’m basically running everything myself now, so it may be a bumpy ride at times. I ask that you please bear with me as I find my way. In return, I will do my best to make it worth your while.
As always, thank you for your support. Next post will be about baseball. Promise.