The moment you’ve been waiting for has arrived. No, Yvonne Strahovski isn’t coming over for dinner; I’m talking about the Ducksnorts 2009 Baseball Annual.
I may be biased, but I think this is the best Annual yet. I’m pleased with both the content and the presentation (big tip o’ the cap to Chris Bauer for the gorgeous cover).
The Ducksnorts 2009 Baseball Annual provides the most comprehensive analysis of and commentary on the San Diego Padres available anywhere. Highlights include:
- Foreword by Padres Executive Vice President Paul DePodesta
- Commentary on and graphical analysis of key players — Information on every player that suited up for the Padres in 2008, including dashboards for 21 of them (and haiku for 20 more)
- Survey of farm system, including reports on more than 80 prospects — Discussion of how the Padres appear to be modeling the Minnesota Twins in terms of pitcher development, a quick look at each minor-league affiliate, depth charts, reports, and top 30 prospects list
- Detailed review of team’s inaugural 1969 campaign — Recap of the expansion draft, spring training, month-by-month game and player performance, and more
- Essay on relationship between fans, management, and media — Thoughts on how the Padres and San Diego can best meet each other’s needs
- Assorted original mini-studies — Includes a look at how bullpen usage has changed over the years as well as a discussion on the radical differences between Jake Peavy and Tim Redding’s 10-11 records from 2008
If you want a taste before committing (always a good idea), why not download the free excerpts? A portion of the proceeds from the Ducksnorts 2009 Baseball Annual will benefit FOCAS (Friends of County Animal Shelter).
Previous editions of the Annual are also available:
- Ducksnorts 2008 Baseball Annual — Foreword by former Padres TV play-by-play announcer Matt Vasgersian, a portion of the proceeds to the American Red Cross
- Ducksnorts 2007 Baseball Annual — Foreword by Padres CEO Sandy Alderson, a portion of the proceeds to the Prostate Cancer Foundation
That’s my pitch. I hope you will buy the 2009 Annual, enjoy it thoroughly, and spread the word far and wide. Thanks much for your time and consideration!